October 29, 2013

Edith Head, another Minted design & Henri Bendel

As I opened Google today, as I do most days to search something completely random and inconsequential (today I think was homemade coconut oil toothpaste... yep, I said random!), I was struck by the ever-changing Google splash page. Today was a beautiful tribute to Edith Head, famed costume designer of the 20th century. Even though she wasn't formally trained in design or art she quickly became a force of fashion on the silver screen from 1925 to 1975 winning 8 Oscars along the way for her beautiful designs. Edith Head designed for Mae West, Audrey Hepburn, Rita Hayworth, Ingrid Bergman, Ginger Rogers, Bette Davis, Olivia De Havilland, Grace Kelly to name a few of my favorites. This woman's career was incredible!


As a (humble) compliment to the beautiful Edith Head sketches I give you my personal note card Blue Wash, soon to be available on Minted.com! I am proud to say Minted has now selected 6 of my designs to carry on their wonderful site!



On the other side of my design life, KiraKira had a wonderful handbag trunk show recently at the Henri Bendel flagship in NYC! So great that KiraKira has been booked for 3 more shows this holiday season! Here's the current splash page with the dates, times and address for 2 of the upcoming shows! Enjoy:)




1 comment:

  1. Congrats on Minted and I am totally with you on Google spash page. So cool! xoxo

    ReplyDelete